need plants....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rider6

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any bodu familar with aquarium plants.com? Just wondering if they are worth it going through them my lfs doesn't do a lot of fw plants and I was thinking of doing one of their plant kits.as a starting point....since I can't figure how I want to lay my aquascape out fully....

Same as Rivercats. I got all the plants in my 60 from them, they arrive in their emersed form for most of them so let them get acclimated to your tank and then you will get the immersed form of them. Overall pleased with what I got :)

What does that mean??? Like they come in a tube full of water or something?

What does that mean??? Like they come in a tube full of water or something?

No, it means that at wherever they grew the plants, they were grown out of the water, not completely immersed in the water as you would grow them. they send them in an insulated package with no water. Once you plant them in the tank, they will go thru a stage where they are changing from emersed to immersed, and in a week or two they should start growing in the immersed or submerged form.

And one more question, I plan on running lights and daily co2 additive not a co2 system and a weekly additive, should I go low light/ hardy then? or can I stay with the normal package...
I'm guessing the packages come with a mix of foreground/background, tall/short, high/low light configurations....

I'm running aquareon full length led. With one led light, and 2 "color max/plant" lights... my carolinas like it...I think I'm pushing round 7.5 k, as for my par and such I have to refrence my notes and stuff...

No, it means that at wherever they grew the plants, they were grown out of the water, not completely immersed in the water as you would grow them. they send them in an insulated package with no water. Once you plant them in the tank, they will go thru a stage where they are changing from emersed to immersed, and in a week or two they should start growing in the immersed or submerged form.

Ohhhh ok...I'm so glad you guys are here....I know rivercats has helped me a few times....

What size is the tank? i would stick with low light package for that lighting if the tank is deep enough. Rivercats may have some better info on this?

Its a 55 long...actual mesurements aren't on me at the moment... but its the topfin55 from petco if that helps...I'm working late...and playing on here..lol

Back
Top Bottom