Need QUICK pick on lighting!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the bottom one would be for freshwater but there are soo many better lights u could look into rather than rushing it

I'm currently using the bottom one with other additions for high light plants

mr funktastic, what better lights do you have in mind?

65w CF with a 50/50 bulb is definitely low light (~1.5 equiv T12 wpg, 7.17 lumens/sq in)
65w CF with a daylight bulb is med-high light (~3 equiv T12 wpg, 14.34 lumens/sq in)

Merged topics cross posted in general.

yea i decided not to rush but i do want to get my order in cause i need these lights asap .... so far im getting the bottom one ... but mr funktastic what better lights did u have in mind? and im trying to stay around that price range .... TIA

Ray

PS If i go with the bottom one will i have to do CO2 injection because i def dont wanna bother with that right now

ok if u dont want to bother with co2 then forget what i said. i dont mean better as in brand i meant better as in more light. u can find some really nice fixtures on ebay for cheaper. u may also want to look into a 130 watt fixture and only run half light till u want to mess with co2 then use the other half. with this fixture the door is closed unless u want to buy another fixture.

So if i just wanted to keep low light to medium light plants without using CO2 what wattage would i want for my 29 gal and would i want 50/50 bulbs?

TIA

Ray

Back
Top Bottom