Need some Expert Lighting Advice Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't need to be like that.. just put more thought into posts or pass.. anyone can google, cut and paste. Anyone who's been here long enough knows what's what man.. I'm really not trying to bring you down, more so elevate you. You seem to have a keen interest in the hobby and we can always use quality help:)

I hear ya man, im just the type of person that doesn't react well to "tough love" i guess youd say. No worries. I have learned so much in the first week of having the tank, and i owe alot of my knowledge to you!

Jebus, now I feel like the A-hole for starting all that, lol. Glad we can all be adults and work out our differences here on the interwebs. I greatly appreciate your guys passion and dedication to people like myself that are not at the same knowledge level, and only want to learn more.

So dont laugh, but I feel this conversation ended with the mutual decision on the Current USA Satellite Plus PRO 36"-48" LED? Im affraid the E series light is a little out of my range.....for now. :D

Money well spent! I'll sleep just fine tonight:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jebus, now I feel like the A-hole for starting all that, lol. Glad we can all be adults and work out our differences here on the interwebs. I greatly appreciate your guys passion and dedication to people like myself that are not at the same knowledge level, and only want to learn more.

So dont laugh, but I feel this conversation ended with the mutual decision on the Current USA Satellite Plus PRO 36"-48" LED? Im affraid the E series light is a little out of my range.....for now. :D

If you can spring the extra $40 I would do the 48" to 60" Having a light that's 6" shorter than the tank on each side would drive me nuts.

Wow, the PAR output on the E series (@12") is equivalent to a Finnex FugeRay and Planted+ combined.
It's dimmable, correct?

Phone about to die......

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow, the PAR output on the E series (@12") is equivalent to a Finnex FugeRay and Planted+ combined.
It's dimmable, correct?

Phone about to die......

Has all the same features as the planted pro plus. I was told its satellite's sister company. The remote and ramp timer look identical.

I would recommend either the sat plus pro, or wait until May 15th as Finnex is releasing their new planted+ 24/7 model which is sure to be awesome!

Money well spent! I'll sleep just fine tonight:D

If you can spring the extra $40 I would do the 48" to 60" Having a light that's 6" shorter than the tank on each side would drive me nuts.

It's dimmable, correct?

Whats up guys. So I have had a shitstorm of crap happen since this topic was started by me, and unfortunately my finances had to go to other things, which prevented me from getting my light for my 75 Gallon. Well that has all changed now, and I am looking at getting my light next week.

I have been planning on getting the Current USA 48"-60" Satellite Plus PRO LED Light but after re-reading this thread, and going back and looking at my options, the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED that was reccommended by Ericwithac may be better option? I could get 2 of these 48' lights for the cost of the Current USA.

I just want to be sure Im spending my money smart, and not doing stupid ****. I have been attending webinars with Dustin's Fish Tanks, and he is saying that I could grow and carpet my tank with regular cheap home depot lights with the right bulb. $300 for a light vs $100 is pretty substantial, especially when I need the extra scratch for my filter.

As usual any and all thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Happy 4th everyone!:thanks:

Whats up guys. So I have had a shitstorm of crap happen since this topic was started by me, and unfortunately my finances had to go to other things, which prevented me from getting my light for my 75 Gallon. Well that has all changed now, and I am looking at getting my light next week.

I have been planning on getting the Current USA 48"-60" Satellite Plus PRO LED Light but after re-reading this thread, and going back and looking at my options, the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED that was reccommended by Ericwithac may be better option? I could get 2 of these 48' lights for the cost of the Current USA.

I just want to be sure Im spending my money smart, and not doing stupid ****. I have been attending webinars with Dustin's Fish Tanks, and he is saying that I could grow and carpet my tank with regular cheap home depot lights with the right bulb. $300 for a light vs $100 is pretty substantial, especially when I need the extra scratch for my filter.

As usual any and all thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Happy 4th everyone!:thanks:

The Sat + Pro has better par I believe but I'm not sure as to the spectrum differences of the two.
I can say this about the + pro however, if you get it, turn the blue spectrum waaaaay down. Factory has it set extremely high, to me and from my understanding of photosynthesis it has no need being that high as i don't even think most plants absorb it that well.

I looove my finnex planted+ 24:7. Well worth it...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pro plus all the way!

I looove my finnex planted+ 24:7. Well worth it...

:eek:Jebus man, there is a 1-4 month wait on the Finnex! Some people have told me they are past their 3rd month waiting on another forum. :facepalm:

Any thoughts on the BML Dutch? That seems to be a "The Planted Tank" forum favorite. Saying that 1 will do the job on my 75 no prob.

Daaaang.... I got luckier than i thought then on mine....

I also really like the Green Elements LED's that i use on my 150gl heavily planted.

Bml are the best out there if you're up for the............price!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom