Need some quick advice, safe to remove co2 for a bit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I been having a flashing / flicking issue with my barbs and can't figure it out I trying to rule out some variables.

I would like to experiment with removing co2 from my tank for a few days or a week and see how the fish react.

My question is how do you think my plants will react? I have a ton of money in this tank and don't want to lose it. It's a crypt tank with a Fissidens carpet. It have a finnex planted plus (11 hour photo period), and a eheim pro 3 2075 filter.

Here is a pic for reference.
uploadfromtaptalk1448932072997.jpg

Will my plants be okay if I do this? Will my crypts melt? Will algae explode? Or will it be all okay? I would like your opinion please.

Fluctuation.... stable is always better imo.. leave the lights off for 2 days and see what's happens??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I trying to resolve issues with my fish and if it means that they are sensitive to co2 then I woukd consider doing without it. I understand to keep things stable but I need to rule out a few things first.

I doubt it's co2 man..

Let's go through a checklist. You think it's gill fluke? What exactly have you treated and ruled out?

Well I don't think it's Gill flukes anymore. I treated with prazipro for a month. Plus there is no way it would just hit the barbs and leaves the Cory's.

I also rules out nitrates, as I been doing huge daily water changes and now have 0 nitrates.

What do you use for a dechlorinator

Prime with aged temp matching water.

The only reason I am thinking it could be co2 is because after each water change the fish seem to do better. A lot more active.

If the water was good for them.prior, they shouldn't really react to a water change at all. So the only variable that can change in my water that quickly would be co2 levels

What's the co2 at?

All the fish like to go to the new water as its entering the tank. Not the Cory's but the otos and barbs do

Back
Top Bottom