Need Some Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the suggestion Bud. I really like the look of that plant. Very unusual leaves. I decided not to go with the Hygro Sunset. I have another 12g I want to plant, whenever I get this one finished, so the Downoi will be on the list for that or as a substitute for this tank, if I can't get everything on my original list. What type of lighting does it require??

I'm currently growing downoi in low-medium light. It will grow faster and better with high light and co2, but that goes for just about everything. I'm fairly pleased by how it looks with my lighting. It grows slowly, but downoi is notoriously slow :p

A nice "busy" looking plant I like to suggest is blyxa japonica... But I'm partial to it because it flourishes in my tank. It's a good bushy place for fry to hide as well. Tends to melt in new tanks, but once it gets going, it's an awesome looking plant!

Attachments

• image-1180378493.jpg
    image-1180378493.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 33
I'm currently growing downoi in low-medium light. It will grow faster and better with high light and co2, but that goes for just about everything. I'm fairly pleased by how it looks with my lighting. It grows slowly, but downoi is notoriously slow :p
Great news, because the light fixture I will be using is at best low-medium. Thanks Bud

A nice "busy" looking plant I like to suggest is blyxa japonica... But I'm partial to it because it flourishes in my tank. It's a good bushy place for fry to hide as well. Tends to melt in new tanks, but once it gets going, it's an awesome looking plant!
I knew this would happen, you were right OS...haha. OS said I will probably change my list and layout before i'm happy!!. I really don't want to change the layout, i'm happy with it. Thanks for the suggestion Bill, you really put the cat amongst the pigeons now!!. That is a beautiful plant. Maybe I might swap my Ammania Bonsai for it.... I'm so glad to have input from experienced and knowledgeable people who I respect greatly. I really hope I don't make a mess of this:hide:

Back
Top Bottom