Need suggestions for my 29.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well guys I have posted about this tank many times. I plan on adding some anubias and a red tiger lotus as of right now. Current inhabitants are 1 male swordtail, 1 female black Molly, 5 albino cories, 1 male guppy, a bunch of cherry shrimp. I'm interested in hearing some suggestions on what else I should get (flora and fauna). I dose flourish excel weekly. I used to dose liquid ferts weekly but I ran out and I don't think I want anymore. Substrate is Flourite capped with play sand. Lighting is an 18w tube. Let's hear some suggestions.

Attachments

• image-2532720640.jpg
    image-2532720640.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 57
Also I know my aquascaping sucks. I'm having trouble getting my Christmas moss to take off. The Florida Sunset in the middle has never really shown much growth. It'll grow leaves and they'll melt away. Java fern just went in today tied to driftwood there. Amazon sword got moved across the tank two days ago.

You'll have to stick with low light tolerant plants which limits you. You also may have problems down the road not using any ferts. But you could try jungle or corkscrew val and possibly ambulia for a stem plant. Red or Bronze crypts would add alittle more color also.

You'll have to be careful with what fish you add due to the shrimp. But any small peaceful schooling fish like cardinal or rummynose tetras, rasboras, or even a school of glass cats. Threadfin rainbowfish for top schoolers would be nice.

greetings.

i myself have christmas moss aswell, for 1 month now it has grown very very little.. good light, good filtration, good fertilization. i tried reading about it and it turns out my SAEs are eating my precious christmas moss ._.

if you look carefully, and see those shrimp eating your christmas moss you'll have your reason.

Rivercats said:
You'll have to stick with low light tolerant plants which limits you. You also may have problems down the road not using any ferts. But you could try jungle or corkscrew val and possibly ambulia for a stem plant. Red or Bronze crypts would add alittle more color also.

You'll have to be careful with what fish you add due to the shrimp. But any small peaceful schooling fish like cardinal or rummynose tetras, rasboras, or even a school of glass cats. Threadfin rainbowfish for top schoolers would be nice.

I was thinking Cardinals might be a good choice but I can't seem to find any. Only one of my LFS carries them and they're sold out as soon as they hit the store every time.

nereksnad said:
greetings.

i myself have christmas moss aswell, for 1 month now it has grown very very little.. good light, good filtration, good fertilization. i tried reading about it and it turns out my SAEs are eating my precious christmas moss ._.

if you look carefully, and see those shrimp eating your christmas moss you'll have your reason.

Wow I'll have to look into that. I would've never guessed.

I was thinking Cardinals might be a good choice but I can't seem to find any. Only one of my LFS carries them and they're sold out as soon as they hit the store every time.

Ask if you can prepay for some or have them hold you the amount you want. It can't hurt to ask.

Back
Top Bottom