Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Regular

Emailed Red Sea - see what they say.

Hopefully I will get this sorted soon - I seem so close to getting this going.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Regular

Really to me this seems like either a leak or a blockage and I have not found it.

I am leaning more towards blockage,

IF I had a blockage I would see a possible oddity with the needle valve like I am seeing with a restriction of flow.

IF I had a blockage that was causing a fluctuating back pressure the regulator is going to show oddities like a bouncing needle.

I might just take the whole thing apart and put it back together.

My other guess would be - my CO2 is low but I would not expect any oddities until it is really low. I have noticed my cylinder pressure changing which yes normally indicates a low tank. ISSUE is the room fluctuates in temperature to the point it is challenging to diagnose.

Just closing the window brings the temperature of the tank up 3 degrees F.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Regular

Alrighty! - Red Sea contacted me this morning my regulator is faulty and they are replacing this immediately.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #34
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Excellent. They have always seemed like a decent and responsible company. I am glad they jumped on this so quickly for you.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's great news. I've dealt with Red Sea representatives before and that is exactly the response I expected. Customer service from them is one step beyond first rate in my opinion.

How long did it take them to get back to you?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Regular

Road Block # 1: No receipt to be found lol

They are super friendly, took less than 24 hours -- receipt problem might get in the way LOL

Anyone recommend a new system?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Regular

Alright-y - An update:

So my regulator was faulty, Red Sea did an amazing job on the support side but I had to wait 2 weeks for delivery (Which is not an issue) but when the box arrived it looked like someone absolutely kicked the **** out of it.

The connector which was pretty tough was just embedded into the regulator and I could not remove it to include the solenoid directly.

I know this was most probably the fault of the delivery company but I am too impatient to try and resolve this matter and wait another 2 weeks. Plants where looking rough.

I went out and bought a Milwaukee regulator and to my luck (I even reviewed the unit in the store) there was a small crack in bubble counter.

*Tried it anyways - it leaks* - Wife told me to go buy a lottery ticket right now.

So I have used the regulator from Milwaukee and the rest is Red Sea and I actually think I have the best of both running right now from the two companies.

Day 2 and everything is going well! The drop checker is confirming the presence of a drop in pH and the bubble counter has been pretty stable!

The plants are starting to stand back up and the sea grass is going bonkers and sending runners all over the place.

Lights turn back on a full light cycle and I am EI dosing.

I am hoping in a week or two I can start getting some pictures going because other than the Discus the tank was little a *basic*.

I will update the thread again - thanks to everyone who helped me diagnose the issue.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

What rotten luck, good grief! I'm glad to hear your system is up and running at least. I guess you can't fault either company for damage due to shipping. You definitely have the right attitude about all this. I'd still contact Red Sea for a functional replacement. You had to buy 2 regulators and still only have one. It would be nice to have a back-up reg just in case the situation takes another nosedive.

I thought I had bad luck.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
What rotten luck, good grief! I'm glad to hear your system is up and running at least. I guess you can't fault either company for damage due to shipping. You definitely have the right attitude about all this. I'd still contact Red Sea for a functional replacement. You had to buy 2 regulators and still only have one. It would be nice to have a back-up reg just in case the situation takes another nosedive.

I thought I had bad luck.
For sure!, I am just avoiding the 2 week wait

Tags
val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com