Neon Tetras and other fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am considering moving my Congo Tetras and Rosy Barbs into a larger tank or selling them. With that being said, I currently have 5 Congos, 4 Rosy Barbs, 5 Cory Cats, 2 Panda Garra, and 4 Peppermint Tetras. I have a 30 gallon. I would like to add schooling fish into my tank after moving or selling my Congos and Rosy Barbs. The Congo Tetras don't school well. I Am considering adding the following fish: The different varieties of Neon Tetras, Marbled Hatchets, Cardinal Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, Rams, Dwarf Cory Cats or regular sized Cory Catfish, Ghost Glass Catfish, small loaches, and Cheery Barbs. Now I won't buy all of these fish of course. I would probably pick three of those options. Can Neon Tetras live with Rams? What are your opinions on what fishes I should buy? This tank is planted with black gravel. Thanks for all of your help!

Yep! Neons can definitely live with rams. I have about twenty neons and they all do fine with my two Bolivians. As for the other fish they all sound like good choices. Cardinals are one of my favorites though for sure.

I think I will try Cardinal Tetras rather than Neon Tetras. I would probably get a big school of 8

Cardinal tetras are a bit more delicate than neons I personally like neons better I feel they move around more and are better besides with the price of one cardinal you. An buy three neons

Both seem interesting in planted tanks. I've had Neons before, but that was a long time ago in a 10 gallon tank. I've never had Cardinal Tetras before. I'm very interested in the Neon Tetra variety that have long fins

Back
Top Bottom