New 2.5g bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got my betta in his new tank and there is a snail in there with him. Anything else with a small bio load I can put in with him and the snail safely? It's planted and heated with filtration and est bio media is in the filter. Either inverts or fish?

Inverts might not be a good idea, bettas sometimes eat shrimp. I've heard of stories where their betta was fine for a week, then went crazy and ate every shrimp in the tank. You can try ghost shrimp though, they are very cheap (cost wise) and large. I've had bettas and ghost shrimp live together for months before. I honestly don't advise anything else in a tank that small. Plus, your betta could be pretty aggressive towards other fish.

Ya I figured as much. I just was curious if there were any dwarf fish that could work in it. I'll try the ghost shrimp and get a mossball for it.

I have a 10g with my Betta, corys, and ghost shrimp. He has been with the shrimp for a few months now and have no issues but it deffinetly depends on the personality of the Betta. :)

Andy91 said:
I have a 10g with my Betta, corys, and ghost shrimp. He has been with the shrimp for a few months now and have no issues but it deffinetly depends on the personality of the Betta. :)

Ok thanks I'll see how it works out.

Mumma.of.two said:
A 2.5g is too small for tank mates. If you want other fish your looking at a 10g minimum.

Ya I figured but I didn't know if anyone knew of anything rarer that may work out. I think imma just get some moss to cover the whole bottom of the tank and just deck out plants for it.

Ok so the news on the 2.5g is that I decided to go with the one betta I had, a snail and 5 ghost shrimp. They are getting along great. The filter that came with the tank works well but seeing as its tiny I added a small under gravel filter for added filtration and I planted it pretty well so there's that helping out too and I had seeded it with old media from another tank so it's cycled already. How's that?

jkdubs2 said:
Ok so the news on the 2.5g is that I decided to go with the one betta I had, a snail and 5 ghost shrimp. They are getting along great. The filter that came with the tank works well but seeing as its tiny I added a small under gravel filter for added filtration and I planted it pretty well so there's that helping out too and I had seeded it with old media from another tank so it's cycled already. How's that?

Just make sure the Betta isnt pushed around by the current.

Ya he's good and there's plenty of vegetation to break up the current. If it becomes a problem tho I'll look into fixing it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom