New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a lighting expert, but I believe you want at least 6500k bulbs for the best plant growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Trying something new with a w/2 6500k 100wat cfl's on each end&a 5000k cfl in the center...5000k will also grow plants but that's about as low as you want to go.

I really like the dome lamps. Did you paint them black or did they come like that? I have a pair of the silver metallic cone shaped domes. Meh, but they work.

I really like the dome lamps. Did you paint them black or did they come like that? I have a pair of the silver metallic cone shaped domes. Meh, but they work.

Yes sir,I did paint them& it took 3 sprays to get them right.Didn't like how they moved around on the glass top so I took some extra airline,split down one side&it fit around the rolled edge of the housing..no more sliding around on the glass.Would you know what type of rotala that was in the close up pic?

Cool on the paint and airline tubing trick. I may have to try that.
Sorry, not too familiar with Rotala species. I have R. wallichii and Ammania bonsai which I understand might but a species of Rotala. Idk.

Looks like rotala rotundifolia, true indica is not nearly as common I've heard..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Day 4 of fish-less cycling:0 ppm-ammo,4 ppm-nitrite,will dose the ammo back up to where it needs to be.Coming along,tomorrow I'll be adding another sm-filter which has been seeded in another one of my tanks..should see the nitrites bottom out on just a few more days..

What type of bulbs do you use? Looked at some Cree Leds,expensive for what they are..

What type of bulbs do you use? Looked at some Cree Leds,expensive for what they are..

I just whatever brand was at Lowes. Phillips I think. 2 pack of 6700k CFLs. I first got the 13w then the 20w bulbs. About $10 and $15 respectively.

Back
Top Bottom