New 25 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm super confused right now, my ph before I added the mopani wood was 6.8 right after I added it it went up to 7.2, now it's at 7.8 a couple days later, I thought wood was supposed to lower ph?

I was really hoping to put gbrs in here but now it's looking like I'm gonna have to change my stocking plans

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank is cycling 4ppm of Ammonia in a day, so I believe it's ready for some fish

I'm thinking Bolivian Rams instead of gbr because I can't seem to keep my ph below 7.2

Any ideas on what would go nicely with those?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422300806.859201.jpg

That's green crypt where the failed dwarf hair grass experiment used to be

Aqua advisor says

2 Bolivian Rams

4 dwarf gouramis

4 otos

6 serpae tetras

Is an ok stock

I don't have any experience with gouramis so I'm not sure if 4 is a good number or not. Any help is greatly appreciated

Aqua advisor says

2 Bolivian Rams

4 dwarf gouramis

4 otos

6 serpae tetras

Is an ok stock

I don't have any experience with gouramis so I'm not sure if 4 is a good number or not. Any help is greatly appreciated

Let's start with the pair of bolivians, i like it! I'd can the rest and wait a month on Otos. Gouramis can be aggressive towards each other, a pair would be cool but I guess females are very tough to come by, they're also prone to dgd (dwarf gourami disease) which can be spread to non gourami if introduced by a gourami, they're beautiful and I'd like one but id.never chance it in a community tank. The serpae tetras are cool but can be aggressive and nippy. If you get those bolivians to pair and spawn the tetras could literally harass them to point of stress death.. check out black neons or rummy nosed tetras? Maybe a nice shoal of 10 and 6 corys? Hatchet fish stay up top if that's what you're looking to fill?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let's start with the pair of bolivians, i like it! I'd can the rest and wait a month on Otos. Gouramis can be aggressive towards each other, a pair would be cool but I guess females are very tough to come by, they're also prone to dgd (dwarf gourami disease) which can be spread to non gourami if introduced by a gourami, they're beautiful and I'd like one but id.never chance it in a community tank. The serpae tetras are cool but can be aggressive and nippy. If you get those bolivians to pair and spawn the tetras could literally harass them to point of stress death.. check out black neons or rummy nosed tetras? Maybe a nice shoal of 10 and 6 corys? Hatchet fish stay up top if that's what you're looking to fill?

Yes too space is what I was looking to fill

I was actually torn between serpae and black neons so I'll probably go that route

The misses loves corys so I'm liking that as well

I didn't know about the gourami disease so I'm not gonna risk that either

I was planning on introducing the Bolivians last cause I thought they needed to be last like I read German blues do,
Are you saying to put them in first

Thanks as always brooks

No, sorry, I'd add neons first, corys, rams after a month and otos shortly after! That will be a laid back tank with more character than spastic meaningless activity.

No, sorry, I'd add neons first, corys, rams after a month and otos shortly after! That will be a laid back tank with more character than spastic meaningless activity.

Alright sounds good, probably grab some neons tomorrow

Sweet! I'll be battle snowmaghedon tommorow!! Wanted to take a load of plants to the lfs but doesn't look so good hahah

My friend up in Pittsburg said that y'all got it bad up there.

Makes me glad it doesn't snow here

I'm looking at 30".. it's fine, i got a day to mess with the tanks tommorow!

Good stock. I really like my cories, but they can pita uprooting newly planted plants. I can't get rid of them cause no one will take care of them better than me.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can't argue with that!

Thanks for all your help as always brooks I'll keep yall posted on progress

Figured I would give you all an update

Ended up being gifted 6 red skirt tetras and 2gbrs

I was able to get the ph to 6.8 so the gbrs seem happy enough

Still thinking cories for the tank though

Here are a couple pics, sorry for the spots kitten likes to put her paws on the glass

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424404258.854370.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424404284.854979.jpg

I'm looking at 30".. it's fine, i got a day to mess with the tanks tommorow!

Mr Brooks I have a question for you, I believe the Rams I ended up getting were a male and female but I'm not 100%

Would you mind confirming for me?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426620597.732254.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426620671.066669.jpg

My dad is mr brooks.. I'm just brooks.. yes.. beast and a harlot indeed sir.

My dad is mr brooks.. I'm just brooks.. yes.. beast and a harlot indeed sir.

My apologies brooks, and thank you very much , glad to see you made it through the snowpacalyps

My apologies brooks, and thank you very much , glad to see you made it through the snowpacalyps

All good man!! Haha barely.. i was starting to go to a dark place.. 53 and sunny now, I'll take it!!

Long overdue photo update

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438578454.227519.jpg

Dad built a stand for me so it's finally off the ground
Thanks to everyone who has been keeping up with this

Back
Top Bottom