New 36g dirted BF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
So after basically all day of working on my daughters' new tank, It's up and running! I am loving the wild piece of driftwood in the center. I was going to put it in my tank, but their tank just needed something. So I gave it to them. Now I just have to get them some better lighting, and some co2 and they are good to go!

I have a 7 platy fry that are in my tank that will be moving into this one but after that not complete sure yet. The girls haven't made up their minds yet.

Looks good. I'd attach some moss or anubias to that dw, for an added touch. What lighting and co2 system are you considering?

I will probably just go with DIY for a while and as far as lighting I was thinking about quad t5ho If I can talk my hubby into another $100 . I have some anubia nana that are really tiny that I got in one of the little Petsmart bags. So that will be a little while before anybody can even see them! As far as moss goes I was thinking of some flame or Christmas.

DIY co2 might not be up to the task of a quad t5ho. I'd go pressurized or be prepared to supplement liquid carbon like excel or glut with it. Good choice of mosses BTW!

DIY co2 might not be up to the task of a quad t5ho. I'd go pressurized or be prepared to supplement liquid carbon like excel or glut with it. Either that or run a short photoperiod. Good choice of mosses BTW!

I have the quad t5ho on the way and I do dose glut every morning well not in this tank yet the lighting sucks soooo bad! and pps-pro. My next purchase will be pressurized co2. Hopefully I can get the 2 set ups I need in about 6 months.

I bought an Odyessa T5 High output here is the link. Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting I have the same fixture on my 37g and it's cheap and works great. There have been some bad reviews of this light but the majority of the bad ones are all from like 10 years ago. Mine has be great and I am so happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom