New 40 gal breeder!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks really nice! I like the substrate and your aquascaping :) (y)

Not a whole lot of scaping, lol
Just a slope from front to back, and then some deco, but thank you!
I found an LFS that carries, and special order discus, their supplier is rocky mountain discus!!
Woot! Need to get that new tank up and running!!

HalfMoon B said:
Not a whole lot of scaping, lol
Just a slope from front to back, and then some deco, but thank you!
I found an LFS that carries, and special order discus, their supplier is rocky mountain discus!!
Woot! Need to get that new tank up and running!!

I like it. Give the plants a few more weeks to fill in and it will look a lot better. :)

Looking forward to your discus tank! That's good that you found a great discus supplier. Mine's the best discus supplier in the bay area and he's only less than an hour drive. Good luck with yours!

These guys are a 20 minute drive. I JUST found them today while running errands. Cleanest tanks, store, and best selection I have seen. Everything in there was SPARKLING

HalfMoon B said:
These guys are a 20 minute drive. I JUST found them today while running errands. Cleanest tanks, store, and best selection I have seen. Everything in there was SPARKLING

That's nice! How much for the discus that you want? Size?

2.5 inch would run $20-30 (a steal from I have found) so they would definitely need growing out.
But ocean green, blue diamond, blue snakeskin, and not sure for a few others.

HalfMoon B said:
2.5 inch would run $20-30 (a steal from I have found) so they would definitely need growing out.
But ocean green, blue diamond, blue snakeskin, and not sure for a few others.

That's a good price. Let me look for the link on how to pick a good discus.

Not sure if people are reading, but...
New German rams!
LOVE these guys!
I moved the cardinals into my discus grow out tanks so I wouldn't be overstocked.

Attachments

• image-982527403.jpg
    image-982527403.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2442321933.jpg
    image-2442321933.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 102
zooking12 said:
Cool!!! Nice fish.

Thank you kindly! I just finished some gardening as well. Plants are filling in and propagating faster than I can keep up. See for yourself

Attachments

• image-1742702670.jpg
    image-1742702670.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image-515069933.jpg
    image-515069933.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1184000151.jpg
    image-1184000151.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 112
  • image-4214532824.jpg
    image-4214532824.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Nice! Are you putting the discus in the forty? idk if i missed something while reading all the posts. I like the color of your GBRs!

Those GBRs look amazing!! I love the color! Oh, and that tank looks very nice as well. Very nice job on it!

GBR color is thanks to food and lights!
The discus are in a 30 long for now. Bare bottom! Makes it much easier to maintain for growing
I have corkscrew vals, java fern, java moss, amazon sword, ludwiga repens, blyxa, and two stem plants that I can't remember the names of, lol
And lights are just a dual t5ho 39w per bulb fixture with a 10k and 6500k bulb.
Really makes everything pop, the rams and the cards glow, and the Von rios really are warm...
Gotta say I love it more every day

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom