New 55 and Hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry I didn't read all the other posts. I am no expert with planted tanks and the one that I have now is my first one so def take their advice as they know better than I, I was just chiming in that that's what I have as well :)

Okay, well, heres what I am going to do. on the far right 1/3 of my 55g I am going to use Seachems Flourite soubstrate, going to plant a whole bunch of DHG then sprinkle a light layer of the substrate I have over that so the bottom of the tank looks uniform, I will be using the 6,700 florescent bulb in the hood on that side along with a Marineland hidden LED strip because I like the moonlights. I will not be using a CO2 system and I will only use light ferts if I have to. I'll let you know how it goes. Im seriously doubting the idea that it takes $500+ to grow some stupid grass. After doing my own research and listening to LFS owners and people on here Im begining to believe that people who have planted tanks are just like people who own Discus or saltwater tanks, always saying that you need absolutly TOP OF THE LINE equipment or everything will die and your tank will explode killing all of your unborn children. Im going to try it, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work.

Just wait till you get hooked!
It will get a little easyer to open up the wallet. Well it sounds like your off to a good start. Have fun......

Just wait till you get hooked!
It will get a little easyer to open up the wallet. Well it sounds like your off to a good start. Have fun......

Probably true, but opening the wallet and taking out a small loan are two totally different things.

Back
Top Bottom