New 55 gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racedvl

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK I am acquiring a 55 gallon from my coworker that he no longer wants. I would like this to be my first planted tank. Im gonna find a nice piece of driftwood or 2. IT WILL be pool filter sand for the substrate. I really want this to be a low tech tank. So I could really use some ideas for what plants to use. What will be good low tech and sand substrate friendly plants? It will be a community fish tank. Thanks for any help on where to start.

Do you know what type of lighting you'll be running on it? Anubias, Java Fern regular or Wendilov, Bolbitus, and Java Moss would be good for attaching to DW. Crypts for planting is good for very low light. Can't recommend any other plants without knowing the lighting as that will determine what ones are suitable.

I will have the tank this Sunday. I will not know what it has now, until then. I can always upgrade the bulb if needed.

Let me ask the question then. What would you recommended for lighting in a low tech tank?

I'm not the best at low light but it might help to start a new thread asking.

Back
Top Bottom