New 60 gallon... Moss wall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chillie308

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I currently have a plain Jane 20 gallon tank with some Christmas moss just floating around for my guppy fry. I just purchased a 60 gallon tank and I'm looking to be low maintenance I'm thinking of possibly just doing regular gravel and maybe a moss wall. Would this interfere with a fluval aqua clear 100 filter? (Rated 60-110 gallons at 500 gpm) would I have issues finding the right materials for a bigger tank? Can I add the plants right away if I plan on fishless cycling with ammonia?

Not sure on the wall but you can add plants right away and mess with them till they are perfect while you wait on the tank to cycle.

Caleb

I'm not sure about the moss wall but yes you can add the plants. They will use some of the ammonia as fertilizer which will help them grow of course. If they were grown submersed they will also have some of the bacteria that you're trying to develop in your tank on them, which will speed up the cycling process.

Back
Top Bottom