New 6500k Marineland LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not a fan. The LEDs those fixtures use are very low powered (1W or less). The PAR at depth on these fixtures is abysmal.

Way overpriced and underpowered. Spend your hard earned cash elsewhere.

I wish Marineland would come out with a reasonably priced real LED fixture. These lights actually seem to hurt their brand. I'd be fine if they marketed them appropriately for what they actually can do, which is to say they let you see your fish. Don't expect much more.

You can reach the same light level with 1/3 the price. Maybe in 20 years when you've broken even with bulb replacements and electricity you could gloat about what a great buy it was.

I had the Double Bright and didn't like the color, etc and switch over to an Aquatic Life fixture and it looks way better IMO. Remember it's not always about the LED wattage its more about the PAR than anything.

Actually, I think that with LEDs it is more about the wattage, as watts and light/PAR are directly correlated with LEDs, moreso than the fluorescent technology. Simply put, a 1w LED cranks out more PAR than a .08 W LED.

Actually, I think that with LEDs it is more about the wattage, as watts and light/PAR are directly correlated with LEDs, moreso than the fluorescent technology. Simply put, a 1w LED cranks out more PAR than a .08 W LED.

Not necessarily, just like t5's or any other flourescent, it depends on the optics (reflector). If you're not focusing the light were it's needed, all the wattage isn't going to make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom