New adventure "Hallelujah Mountains" [13g]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great! I want to try the yogurt and moss idea, maybe on my next tank. Looks good!

Did the yogurt have fat or could one use fat free perhaps???

That was amazing work with the rocks and painting on the plant mix. Have seen this in a garden for moss but not in the fish tank!

That latest pic looks great and cleared so well with the filter.

To understand correctly, were you doing CO2 when the filter was not running yet?

Pretty smart using a rock pick in the back.

Really I am appreciating the process. I have a 11.7L rimless tank ~12G, after QT of some fish in there I might just try something similar.

Lovin the tank. It looks nice and clear now. Did you have any cloudiness, not including the fat film on top of the water?

Did the yogurt have fat or could one use fat free perhaps???

This one have some little fat, but you can use fat free as well

That was amazing work with the rocks and painting on the plant mix. Have seen this in a garden for moss but not in the fish tank!

That latest pic looks great and cleared so well with the filter.

To understand correctly, were you doing CO2 when the filter was not running yet?

I have glass diffuser on oposite side:

29_2.jpg

Pretty smart using a rock pick in the back.

Really I am appreciating the process. I have a 11.7L rimless tank ~12G, after QT of some fish in there I might just try something similar.

Lovin the tank. It looks nice and clear now. Did you have any cloudiness, not including the fat film on top of the water?

No film or cloudiness, water is crystal clear :)

I agree, seriously cool gadget. I'm guessing the different models are specialized from what I read on the page. Also guessing you got the one specifically for plants? Or no?

So it kills algae? And released trace micronutrients it sounds like?

That's pretty darn cool. There was something else somewhere that's similar and lets you cheaply test all of your tank parameters at once. It goes into your tank and you can just get readings by look at an app on your phone. I forget what it was called though.

Those twinstars have been around for a while now.

Ive read a lot of mixed reviews on them. Seems people either love them or think they are completely useless. A bit like Marmite!!

Ive not owned one and am not interested in paying tht money to own one

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree, seriously cool gadget. I'm guessing the different models are specialized from what I read on the page. Also guessing you got the one specifically for plants? Or no?

Yes, this one is for planted tanks - for inhibiting algae.

So it kills algae? And released trace micronutrients it sounds like?

That's pretty darn cool. There was something else somewhere that's similar and lets you cheaply test all of your tank parameters at once. It goes into your tank and you can just get readings by look at an app on your phone. I forget what it was called though.

Thats right, but i am not sure that this releasing micronutrients. Maybe it has some chemical efect...

I have original Twinstar on my 90cm tank and i like it, no algaes at all! That's why i bought this one - to test it as it is knock off.

I looked up the little white box, that thing is awesome! Not sure I have that kind of money to spend though. Have you tried another model of it as an algae prohibitor before? Does it even work? I'm pretty sure it does if it looks that fancy :)

I have Twinstar Nano on my 90cm tank for a year now. Tank has no algae and the water is crystal clear, plants growing great. Before i had some algaes in that tank, but since when Twinstar operates everything is in order. It works for me i can say. :)

28a.jpg

In plan is to plant Bucephalandra Catherineae Green purple in the foreground between rocks (here and there).

image.jpg

Bucepops

Buces glued to the sticks with super glue:

image.jpg

And the stucked to the substrate between the stones:

image.jpg

This one is blue/purple, i think it is different sp. maybe Kir Royale:

image.jpg

Bucepops hahahaha

When I first saw buce pics I couldn't believe that there were purple leaved plants. It just blew my mind.

Did you specifically choose smaller buces? I have trouble finding the size of each variety but I know mini catherine and lamandau are pretty small. What kind are these?

Yes, i have chosen small buces on purpose. Those are Catherineae Green Purple, and this bluish purple is Kir Royale i think (if it grows larger i will remove it - don't want to spoil sense of scale).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom