new and improved .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bsdryder7 said:
soooooo im really freakin upset.....i thought by leaving my airstone off during the day and on at night for a few days would ween the fish slowly off the airstone then the last three days i have left it off completly and everything was fine but i heard a splash at around ten at night and turned the light on but my three angels ...1 cat...4 rainbows...2 gbr....2 kerri...have died! im trying to save the other gbr but it just wants to lay on the bottom...

so now i have the dang betta....1 rainbow and if the gbr makes it him too...

im never turning that dang airstone off ever again even if it waste the c02 !

im soo pissed off i cant figure why other people can run there tanks without a airstone but i cant???

I think it's because urs is a high tank. So oxygen doesn't dissolve/exchange as quickly!

Sorry for ur lost :( ya tbh there's no need for co2. I have about the same plants as u and I don't run co2 and my plants are flourishing fine! Fertilizer supplemented ofc!

i have no hood on this tank.....

i have some rotolla/watersprite/sword wich were doing really bad untill i added the c02 i know people say they grow it fine but again i thinks its because of the tall tank ??

BUT ON A GREAT NOTE THE LAST GBR WICH WAS LAYING ON THE BOTTOM AND I KEPT TRYING TO GET HIM TO SWIM FOR LIKE 1 1/2 HOURS LAST NIGHT
ACTUALLY MAD IT ......so its him a betta 1 blue rainbow and one featherfin cat

It has nothing to do with your plants. the co2 is is a direct correlation to your lighting. High light requires co2.

I'm just absolutely confused at this whole situation. I just don't get it. Nothing makes sense. I feel so bad for you going through this. I just wish I knew something to tell you to fix it. You're doing everything right.

My ONLY thought is that maybe somehow you're injecting more co2 than you should be. Have you changed your drop checker solution to make sure it's not a testing error?

i will change it right now ......i have only been running it at 3/4 bps .....

also i have been having trouble with my reactor/filter i think because in the beginning it wasnt shooting out bubbles of c02 now it seems like either the filter isnt pumping the water through fast enough to dissolve the c02 entering the reactor....so i know i have been off gassing a lot .....

do you think its my filter ???

the only thing about the c02 is this happened before i had the c02 also soooo wrap your head around that one>>>>

also i have no clue how NOT to off gas now that i am way to scared to turn that airstone off

Back
Top Bottom