New co2 tank problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bflem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got my GLA co2 system tonite. After running it for about 2 hours my bubbles per second dropped from 1 to 0.5. I tried opening the needle valve all the way but it didnt change the bubbles per second. I turned up the working pressure and it helped for a few minutes. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

May seem silly but... Did you follow their installation instructions exactly? Tank valve open all the way? Tank full? All connections tight (c02 could be bleeding off)?

I have the GLA Pro SS two stage system and have had zero problems with mine.

First think you should do is a leak test. Attached reg to bottle. Pressurise the reg then turn the bottle off. Wait for a good few hours or overnight. If the high pressure gauge is still reading the same then you have no leaks. If it has a solenoid plug that in and close the needle valve to test the whole system. If the gauge drops make a soap water solution and dab it on all the possible threads and joints. If there's a leak you will see a stream of small or large bubbles. If the system is leak free make sure you have tightened connections at the bubble counter etc. Always pressurise then turn the bottle off during a leak test to save gas.

Looks like I might have a leak where the tank pressure gauge screws into the regulator.

I have been emailing GLA. I think its actually leaking right at the pressure gauge. There are two black screws on the back of the housing. I am wondering if they tighten the housing. I hear and feel CO2 leaking. It's just my luck. Everytime I buy some top of the line equipment I tend to have issues.

I have been emailing GLA. I think its actually leaking right at the pressure gauge. There are two black screws on the back of the housing. I am wondering if they tighten the housing. I hear and feel CO2 leaking. It's just my luck. Everytime I buy some top of the line equipment I tend to have issues.

You are not alone. My first regulator had a faulty high pressure gauge and a leak. The replacement is sound but I have spent £60 on gas now. Once you get It sorted it will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom