New colorful plants from Rich311k!!! (pics of course)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to publicly thank Rich311k for shipping me some colorful plants. Unfortunately FedEx didn't quite meet their overnight requirements and so the plants were not in terribly good shape (instead of getting them Saturday morning I received them Monday morning!). Since I don't know what will make it and what won't I just chucked them all in the tank wherever I could find a space. So its a hodgepodge to the extreme.

My favorite new piece is of course the stellata which is dead center and a beautiful shade of pink (I'm hoping its color will come back quickly).

Please try to ignore the huge eyesore in the upper right corner. That is my poor man's attempt at isolating my barb (treating for an assortment of issues). Without the foil he was constantly being harassed by the gourami and other barbs (they could see him through the clear acrylic and wanted his food since he's rarely eating). With it, he's peacefully *hopefully* healing.

OK, onto the pics!

img5885.jpg

img5886.jpg

img5887.jpg

img5888.jpg

img5889.jpg

Had to throw in this pic of my gourami (he never poses for the camera :))

img5890.jpg

For payment my daughter would like to shake your hand (ok I got suckered into looking at the other pics on the camera and couldn't resist)

img5882.jpg

Thanks for letting me share,

Very nice, you will love those red beautys! Good luck with them, hope they come back nice for you :)

theotheragentm said:
So much pearling...

Sorry man, not pearling. That is just my PH dispersing the CO2 bubbles. I have it partially hidden behind the driftwood in the back right corner. Keep thinking its pearling though, that makes me feel better. :oops:

So unfortunately it doesn't look like any of the plants are going to make it. A couple are completely rotting in the tank and even the nice large piece in the center looks like its on a downward spiral. :cry:

Sorry about the plants, man. It is suppost to cool down soon, so hopeful you can get some other plants in.

I am sorry I didn't respond to your calls in the barter/trade section. I have been a little preoccupied lately.

I would be more then happy to send you some plants. Maybe throw in a cold pack for good measure.

Here is all I have ATM that can be sent out:

Ammannia senegalensis
Bacopa caroliniana
Bacopa monnieri
Bacopa sp. 'Colorata'
Blyxa japonica
Echinodorus bleheri 'compacta'
Echinodorus tenellus v. 'Tenellus'
Glossostigma elatinoides
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Heteranthera zosterifolia
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Hydrocotyle verticillata
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
Limnophila aromatica
Limnophila sessiliflora
Lobelia cardinalis 'Small Form'
Ludwigia brevipes
Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'
Ludwigia palustris
Ludwigia repens
Marsilea quadrafolia
Micranthemum umbrosum
Microsorum pteropus
Myriophyllum simulans
Pogostemon helferi
Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf'
Polygonum sp. ‘Kawagoeanum’
Ranunculus papulentus
Rotala macrandra
Rotala macrandra 'Narrow Leaf'
Rotala sp. 'Colorata'
Rotala sp. 'vietnam'
Taxiphyllum alternans
Tonina sp. 'Belem'
Vallisneria americana
Vallisneria americana v. 'Biwaensis'
Vesicularia dubyana

I have a lot of some and only a couple of stems of others.

I also have:

Anubias barteri v. 'nana'
Anubias barteri v. nana 'petite'
Cabomba palaeformis
Echinodorus sao paulo
Elatine triandra
Eriocaulon cinereum
Ludwigia sp. 'Guinea'
Microsorum pteropus 'Windeløv'
Ranalisma rostrata
Rotala wallichii

Just not enough to send out yet.

Randy

Sorry Justin as soon as I have more I will let you know. Hopefully FedEx can manage overnight the next time. That is a great list you have there Randy.

So almost everything was removed after my last trim and PWC (I did a huge 75% or so because of all the crud). I honestly thought nothing was going to survive but the top 3" of the large piece (I'm still confused on whether its the L. aromatica or the P. stellata?) looks like its going to pull through. I've just let it float around the tank since it's too small to bury and I read it needs higher light levels. It hasn't shot out any roots for me to attach it to anything, and I'm afraid to damage it if I try to tie the stem against something. I hear its a slow grower so it might be floating for quite a while.

All the other plants are gone except for the wierd purple stem that had no leaves on it (Pic #4 from above). I'll have to grab a pic because it looks hysterical now. The base is rotting so all that is holding it up is this toothpick-like central shoot. Looks like you were eating corn on the cob but stopped 1/2 way up. I don't expect it to do anything, but I thought since its not rotting all over the tank I'll leave it be (maybe the Oto or BN pleco will munch on it).

No duckweed as of yet (keeps fingers crossed)!

Back
Top Bottom