New finnex planted plus !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was the original 10 gal in my kitchen last October...just wanted my gf to like it.. She hated it more than I did

Last edited:
That was the original 10 gal in my kitchen last October...just wanted my gf to like it.. She hated it more than I did
Haha....cool. I never was brave enough to use the coloured gravel but confession time....I did have the pineapple:hide::hide:
Can you take some pictures of the lights please......

Haha....cool. I never was brave enough to use the coloured gravel but confession time....I did have the pineapple:hide::hide: Can you take some pictures of the lights please......
not cool, it was hideous haha, what types of pics? The actual light itself?

Hey Ian! This is the top profile, if you want pics of the actual LEDs I'll unscrew and flip it!!

image-1470421319.jpg

image-2756748440.jpg

Nice light. No don't bother unscrewing, too much hassle. I like the way you have it fit in the hood. Have you ever considered removing the hood altogether???

Nice light. No don't bother unscrewing, too much hassle. I like the way you have it fit in the hood. Have you ever considered removing the hood altogether???
the back section is actually a dual t5no, fits so nicely, just incase I go for the co2... The front is a lid that is just sitting there. I'd really like an open top tank but my kitten has other plans.. Apparently cats like hit surfaces to sit on, if she fell in I'd lose it.. The risk is not worth the reward, my aqueon mid led is about 5" wide, many a morning I walk into the room to her casually laying on it, I grab the spray bottle and she bolts.. It's an ongoing battle that I shall win!!!

the back section is actually a dual t5no, fits so nicely, just incase I go for the co2... The front is a lid that is just sitting there. I'd really like an open top tank but my kitten has other plans.. Apparently cats like hit surfaces to sit on, if she fell in I'd lose it.. The risk is not worth the reward, my aqueon mid led is about 5" wide, many a morning I walk into the room to her casually laying on it, I grab the spray bottle and she bolts.. It's an ongoing battle that I shall win!!!
Haha. I'm glad I don't have any cats(not a fan), two of my tanks are rimless...

The regulator $89, bubble counter + check valve included, 24 oz tank $25, Home Depot tubing $3. The dual T5NO looks like a Coralife.
thats not bad at all!!! My t5?? It's an aqueon.. Same wattage as coralife, 28 total

Last edited:
thats not bad at all!!! My t5?? It's an aqueon.. Same wattage as coralife, 28 total

I went for the paintball tank with adapter because I am trying to figure where I can get a 5# or 10# tank filled. Local sporting goods store will refill for about $5 and ever 5th refill is free.
The T5NO is what I started my planted adventure with and it could not sustain what I was trying to grow. It now sits atop the shrimp tank full of mosses and crypts.

I went for the paintball tank with adapter because I am trying to figure where I can get a 5# or 10# tank filled. Local sporting goods store will refill for about $5 and ever 5th refill is free. The T5NO is what I started my planted adventure with and it could not sustain what I was trying to grow. It now sits atop the shrimp tank full of mosses and crypts.
that's exactly what I'd do.. Although I did ask a restaurant owner we worked for and he said he could get big tanks filled! "Don't mind my scuba tank honey... " the t5 did well for awile, I just want more out of the plants!

that's exactly what I'd do.. Although I did ask a restaurant owner we worked for and he said he could get big tanks filled! "Don't mind my scuba tank honey... " the t5 did well for awile, I just want more out of the plants!

Good luck hiding that. Maybe if there is a closet nearby; you could put it in there (with the bubble counter). Or just display that bad boy proudly with a note that says "Deal with it" :)

If I can make it look as sleek as your setup I can't see it being a problem! Do you still dose glut w the co2?

If I can make it look as sleek as your setup I can't see it being a problem! Do you still dose glut w the co2?

I want to get it off the floor at some point; until then I placed some self stick felt pads on the bottom of the tank. I was worried the 3" galvanized metal bracket was going to scratch the CO2 tank so I wrapped the bracket in electrical tape and spray painted that and the 7"x7" piece of wood with indoor/outdoor black semi gloss paint. The wood is needed to give ample clearance for the solenoid and fine adjustment valve.
Yes I plan to continue with the glut. I am addressing some possible nutrient deficiency with the star repens (holes, leaf drop). Going to see if the consistent CO2 supply will help even things out.
Increasing your light source helps grow plants but you still need to find that balance between ferts and carbon. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom