New idea for 1g planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my surplus of 1g bottles that I use for brewing a new idea for a tank came to mind.

75748-albums12252-picture61921.jpg

For lighting I would use a Cree LED mounted on the lid.

For flow I plan on using an air stone.

I expect a huge number of issues in regards to planting, trimming, and cleaning the tank but I will have to modify some tools to handle that.

I was just going to add some shrimp and maybe a snail or two but with the mouth opening being only 1" in diameter it's quite limiting as to what I can add in as I want to be able to remove it.

What would you guys add in it as far as stock and plants?

I think it's going to be more of a PIA than anything why not add an airstone and a cool color changing LED? That'd be neat.

There's a cool YouTube video on how to cut glass using an alcohol soaked piece of string and lighting it. If you can cut your bottle right about where the bottle starts to curve in you'd make it a lot easier to manage, making the top like a lid, but you'd loose some volume. Just a thought

There's a cool YouTube video on how to cut glass using an alcohol soaked piece of string and lighting it. If you can cut your bottle right about where the bottle starts to curve in you'd make it a lot easier to manage, making the top like a lid, but you'd loose some volume. Just a thought

If I wanted to do that I would just use a vase :)

What made me want to do this was seeing a ship in a bottle made me think of doing a tank in a bottle :)

Back
Top Bottom