New light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarkm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all , well I came home from work today and my odyssea t5ho light had quit working. Looking at getting the current satellite led+. anyone have experience with this light ? Is it good for a planted tank ?

What size is your tank? I use the satellite USA LED+ on a 20g tall and it works great, grows all the low-med light plants in there. Color temps are good too. Just be prepared to have a bunch of backup batteries for the remote. The batteries run out in 2-4 weeks. I order bulk off of eBay because it's really cheap on there.

If you want a higher light level I would suggest going with finnex ray 2 over the satellite USA fixtures. The finnex has more power and the USA has more control.

But then again, the ray2 will be brighter and algae may become a problem (if he doesn't dose glut/a co2 system). What plants do you have?

Well my tank is 58 gallons and it's around 20 inches from substrate to light fixture. My fiancé is mad enough that I'm spending more money on my aquarium lol so I will only be able to get one light for right now would one of these be enough par ? I was also looking at the finnex brand a
Such as the ray 2 ?

I have swords , crypts , dwarf sag , anacharis, hornwort , anubias , java fern , and some chain sword. I dose metricide 14 every morning and seachem line of ferts which I was going to switch to pps when I run out of seachem ferts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397826345.017625.jpg

Nice tank. The LED+ will have different PAR levels because you can adjust the light accordingly. The finnex ray2 is all just one color but is brighter. Both lights should have enough PAR but the ray2 will have more. The ray2 will be more blue in color.

Those are all fairly low light tolerant plants. A single satellite LED+ should be sufficient. If you want a brighter light, a Finnex Planted+ would do it.

Ok thanks for all the advice. I really like all the control you can have with the sat + and I will look into the finnex planted + and choose one later this morning. Thanks guys

Decided on the finnex planted plus and placed my order with amazon. Should be here Monday. Thanks for the help

Normally I dread Mondays but looking forward to this one now

Recieved my finnex planted + today. Really like it. Colors are nice and it's so sleek and nice looking.

Back
Top Bottom