New light - need advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi folks,

I'm starting a new thread with an old problem because nobody replied to the previous one. And I know that you know..... :wink:

I bought a new light fixture (65W 12000K) and a glass lid to get my plants going. I can put the new compact fixture on the old canopy wich would give me 2.17 wpg or I can install the new glass lid and have the two light fixtures wich would give me 2.5 wpg.

Which way should I go considering that I do not want to go for a CO2 system for the time being?

Of course, while I was at the lfs I HAD to buy a few new fish, so I got 3 small panda corys and a very small blushed angel (he is the size of a penny!). The little darn thing is now chewing on my plants!!!!!!!! The very same plants I just spent a lot of money in equipment trying to keep them happy!!!!! But the little guy is sooo cute!!!!

:lilangel:

2.17wpg if you don't want to inject CO2. However I still think you'll be combating a lot of nuisance algae at that light level without added CO2. Try using some Flourish Excel.

Also, just because the last question you asked in this post wasn't answered after 17 hours doesn't mean it wasn't going to be answered. When a thread goes on for two pages, it can be easy to miss a question tossed in at the end.

Thanks, Malkore. I got the Fluorish Excel.

Do you recomend not to start another thread? How do I get attention to the old one? Thanks again!

:)

If it goes un-noticed for 24 hours, post in the same thread again so it gets bumped up. Just something like "did anyone have ideas on this last question" and then put the question again by itself.

We are usually very quick to respond here, so almost a day without a response can seem like a really long time. But visit some other, smaller forums, and you might never get a single reply, let alone a correct one ;)

On a final note, do be careful with Excel...just don't over dose it. Overdosing can adversely effect your fish's health. Also anachris and valisneria species may not do well with Excel supplementation.

Back
Top Bottom