New Lights!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is amazing...first big step to being part of the planted community!!! My new Catalina 3x54 light came in today!!! I was always curious how everyones plants looked so green...now i know...a good quality light. I want to thank Jetajockey for the great suggestion! Fish look happier, plants are so vibrant green...im still in aw of this...posted some before and after pictures.

What do you think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110728_174219.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110728_174219.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 151
  • ForumRunner_20110728_174319.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110728_174319.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 163
Thank you so much. Now i gotta get another one cause my 36 bow front looks pitch black compared to this one...lol

BfishLpond78 said:
This is amazing...first big step to being part of the planted community!!! My new Catalina 3x54 light came in today!!! I was always curious how everyones plants looked so green...now i know...a good quality light. I want to thank Jetajockey for the great suggestion! Fish look happier, plants are so vibrant green...im still in aw of this...posted some before and after pictures.

What do you think?

That looks like one of those fake before and after pictures! I can believe how much that helped! It looks good. I just recently bought the same fixture (but 4 bulb)

Lol i know right!!! When i was testing them on the couch to see which switch turned on which lights i almost fell over...lol. i love them. Now i just need a 30 inch for my GSP tank

So far i have java fern, java moss, amazon sword, anubias nana and wisteria. Are all those ok in there? Im just running two bulbs for now.

Thats wondefful news...so down the road if i go with.CO2 this light will be sufficent?

yeah, that light setup is more than enough to go totally high tech if you want to. You may end up having algae issues if you try to run all 3 bulbs and aren't dosing ferts/co2, so its something you'll have to balance out.

Wonderful, right now i just have the 65k and 10000k on. I want to get the handle on planted tanks and research more before i invest in CO2. What ferts do you recommend? Also do know where i can get Val from, i believe thats the one thats like tall thick grass right?

Back
Top Bottom