New Lights º¿º

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrismac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I finally came to getting my new lighting set up. for the 10 gallon,
I didn't go with self contained balast like i was planning. I went to the LFS and bought a GloMat2 30 Watt it holds two tubes So I figured I can't go wrong I bought two 14 watt tubes a Sun-Glo which is 4,200 K and an Aqua-Glo @ 18,000 K
I figured 28 watts for a 10 gallon should do it.
I also bought an Aqua-clear Mini for 20 bucks almost half price.
Altogether I spent 120 bucks.

I now know the difference when I see people talking about the Kelvin Scale you can see a difference in the two tubes I got Bigtime.
Chris.

Hey Chrismac,

Your 10G should only be about 12" high, so 3 watts per gallon should be plenty for most plant species.

What types of plants are you thinking about putting in that tank?

I put what I had left from my 33 gallon not 100% on the species, I was having a light problem in the 33 less than 1 watt per gallon. Which made for poor plants but I do however see a difference in the growth already.
I have put 6 clouds in the tank an algea eater, and a male betta plus the betta fry.
11 babies to be exact.
I'll put up a picture when I get the time from school.

Dustin, I know some people who use 4 watts per gallon never seen or heard of anyone using more than so I'm not sure, I could be wrong but I also hear to much light could be a bad thing ???
Chris,

PS. I felt I had a minute to snap a quick picture, these are what is left. I took it the same night i installed new lighting.
didn't test the water yet plan on it tonight after classes.
Its in the Photo Gallery under Plants.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=175

GRRR
the lights were going fine all weekend then 5 minutes before I was leaving I noticed they were out, and this is after turning them on and all good. So I figured I would wait till I got home from classes and see what happens??? Nope no go The glo-mat2 will be going back to Hagen. I'm going to exchange it for another one to see what happens if the next one fails then I will look at a new light system.
Chris.

Well I decided to substitute the lighting with the fixture off our 33 gallon till my replacement comes in, its a 25 watt, aquaglo,
I was suppose to get my replacement friday that just passed but itgot back ordered Grrrr, :x
Oh well, should be good to go soon?

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom