New Medium Light Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, so i finally went out and bought myself some good looking aquarium plants. I talked to a very experianced aquarium plant guy and he gave me a couple choices that would work for my tank. He asked me what kind of light i have and substrate and what i add for the plants. I got rid of the junky cheap looking plants i used to have like bacopa caroliniana and hornwort. I bought crypt parva as an easy but long term carpeting plant, and i got dwarf sag as a backround plant because it grows up to 12 inches in height. Will these plants work for my aquarium? Also im planning on getting anubius.
Tank: 60 Gallons
Light: 2x48 inch 6500K t8 (2750 lumens each i believe) and 2x13 inch marineland stock clip on led strips.
Dosing: Api co2, Api leaf zone, and Api root tabs.
Will this work? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0555.jpg
    DSCF0555.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 48
I think they should. How far is it from the lights to the substrate? The parva is a slow grower, and you should expect it to "melt" at first. Don't panic: if the roots are fine, it will grow back.

Thanks for the reply, the 60 gallon is 24 inches high and the light is like 2 inches away from the water, oh ya and each light is 32 watts. But i have no clue how many or what kind of led i have, they came with the marineland 60 gallon tank and stand so if anyone knows that would be great.

I guess I wont be alot of help but ill give my 2 cents. First off these plants can grow fine in what most deem low par.

Secondly I do not like the low med high light plant terms. Heres why...many plants that we talk about being low light certainly grow in higher light and vice verse. They just often grow differently ie...height, color, speed ect..

I favor what I call a low par high tech tank. Low par co2 with macro and micro.

Back
Top Bottom