New pico set up help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so as I'm going off to college in a few months I have to have something to take my Betta with me. I'm not allowed to take either one of my big tanks :( which really sucks.

However, I have been looking into the Finnex 4g pico aquarium. Seems like a nice setup. And I think it's within the size requirements of my college (no larger than a computer screen-- what the heck?)

I'm going all out on this because it has to be my prized possession and make my dorm awesome.

However, I need help!

I want to get Aqua soil as my substrate- preferably Amazonia- but do I need 1 or 2 bags? Ive read you must plant heavy so you don't have algae problems.

What would be a good heater for this tank? Maybe one I could hide in the hob filter?

CO2 will hopefully be a paintball set up- there's a single tube regulator on www.thatfishplace.com

Plan on getting a bubble counter and diffuser from Green leaf aquariums.

This may take a while to acquire all this, but I see it happening in my mind.

As for flora, I need help- I think my hardscape will include some rocks, but I want a good plant scape

Opinions here are appreciated

-Dwarf baby tears or Utricularia Graminifolia?
- maybe a line of dwarf hairgrass in the back? What other plants could I keep in the background that won't get huge?

Fauna-
Male Betta- Bart
Maybe some RCS and/or Otos

Any advice and knowledge or experience with any of these products or heater suggestions (or other things I'm missing) would be awesome.

Thanks very much,

Corbin

Back
Top Bottom