New plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RabiedRooster

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello again people of AA.

I have recently added about 6 plants to my established planted tank. I was recommended them by my LFS on the basis that i needed low light plants. I already have anubias,crypts, java fern and java moss so i got some of the suggested plants. I have had them in there for around 2 weeks now and they seem to be fine. Can somebody identify them for me because i cannot for the life of me remember what he said they were called and its bothering me not knowing what i have. Pics attatched.

Thanks

RR!

Looks like sword to me. It really looks like Brazilian sword, which is not a true aquatic plant, though it is often sold as such.

Hi fort, were you referring to Spathiphyllum tasson? There doesn't seem to be rhisome present with this plant and i have found brazillian sword listed as having a rhisome. Do you want me to take a pic of the roots etc closer up outside of the tank?

Thanks

RR

I am not sure on the id. Still looks like a sword to me but they aren't something i have grown so i am not sure. Someone will know.

Back
Top Bottom