New plant weird things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
My grandma just bought me a live plant for my freshwater puffer fish. Thing is there's other little things that look like plants growing off the leaves any help would be appreciated

Sounds like a java fern. The little brown bumps on the under side are normal for that species. They're actually spores like you see on terrestrial ferns, if memory serves me. The little babies growing off of the main leaves are in fact little baby plants, and they will eventually fall off and become new plants.

They are not fast growers unless under high light, fertilizers, and CO2 but Java fern is very Hardy and it will grow.

The baby ferns? It depends on the tank, light, ferts, etc, and isn't necessarily easy to predict even given all of that information. As a rule though, java ferns tend to be slower growers compared to plants in general. They'll pretty much do their thing in their own sweet time.

The baby ferns? It depends on the tank, light, ferts, etc, and isn't necessarily easy to predict even given all of that information. As a rule though, java ferns tend to be slower growers compared to plants in general. They'll pretty much do their thing in their own sweet time.

But one day you turn around and say Wow I need to thin out my Ferns !!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom