New planted!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I planted today but too embarrassed to sow yours is a jungle and mine is more like a speck of grass in the middle of the road lol. I was scared to invest too much and do too much at one time, so I only planted 3 small ones and I will see if I kill them before I buy more.

Love both of those pictured!

View attachment 217349

Finally got it set up tell me what you think

I agree on the other other post on adding hard scape. They can become a focal point and help define sections of the tank. IMO I would move the swords towards the back of the tank since they get tall. It will allow you to appreciate the fore and mid ground areas. Grouping similar plants is sometimes helpful. Also, try to avoid symmetry; one of my last efforts resulted in something that looked like a planted crop (evenly spaced, in rows) which wasn't really natural looking.
Good luck with this.

Cleared up and rearranged
Open spot is for driftwood/rock
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390179429.292638.jpg

x1 angelfish
x11 neon tetra
x 5 platies
x4 killies
x3 Cory catfish

x3 jungle val
x6 amazon swords
x 3 bunches of wisteria
x3 bunches of hornwort
x3 unknown

It's looking much better... Great job! If you get driftwood, I recommend Malaysian driftwood. Don't forget to boil it first to reduce tannins leaching and discoloring the water. Also, you can attach java fern, anubias, and/or moss to it.

Very nice. I don't recognize the tank. I like the open area in the middle. +1 on the Malaysian DW. Manzanita is nice as well.

Back
Top Bottom