New plants have runners!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's some sword plant. Wait until EACH individual plant has at least 4-5 leaves before replanted. They can be individually cut to be replanted or the whole stem all together. Be cautious of the 2 plants with white stripes as they are not true aquatic plants and will eventually rot away.

Yea, I know about the ribbons. They haven't ever rotted on me and are there temporally there. So I let the plants grow up, then clip them off? What do I do with the actual shoot that they grow on?

mohican is spot on. I just wanted to add that the sword does not have "runners". Echinodorus species propagate by adventitious shoot, spliting of the rhizome or by seeds.

In sorry, could you dumb it down lol I don't know what those names mean....

Ok, so the dracaena plants aren't aquatic, I KNOW . Lol as I said they haven't ever melted or rotted on me and I have had these same exact plants for the past 3 years.

So I should just wait? What should I do with the Nymphoides aquatica plant? Should I trim it and put it under the sand? I hear if you trim off a leaf and put the leaf under the sand it will propagate and make another plant.

i recently searched banana plant on this forum and i think i read the same advice about planting the banana leaf in the substrate with the stalk up and then be patient . . .

Back
Top Bottom