New plants, ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenc

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, got these plants at my local BA. If I see something I like, I'll usually grab it, labelelled or not. In this case not, or at least, not correct.
I got 4 bunches of this red beauty, labelled "Althernanthera Ficoidea". I looked on line to read up on this "new" Alternanthera plant and found no aquatic version. To me it looks alot like R Macrandra, but the Mac I know does not have leaves this pointy. What do you think?
Also got 2 bunches of this green mystery plant. No label. It has thickish leaves, kinda like Anubius but not as thick. No rhizome and is way to tall for Anubias.. Maybe non Aquatic?

Thank you Purrbox, it will be hitting the garbage pail. Maybe I'll plant it in the backyard!

I saw that light pink one, it looked almost translucent (not a good sign) so I left it alone.. I'll be back in there tomorrow to pick up some new fish to replace the clown loaches I brought back tonight.. I'll have to paw through some.. Don't really have an ID for you on the pink one.. Have to see what new growth looks like.

Back
Top Bottom