New plants melting a bit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I knew it would happen but I'm not sure how to take care of it, im assuming trim the melted leaves off but just wanted to check.

Leave them be until you see new growth.
The leaves were transparent and looked like slime my gravel vac pulled them off, there is new shoots coming up middle of them.
So for future reference leave alone unless they have new growth? The ones that were melting were the cryotocoryne Wendtii red And a bit of the parva I didn't touch.

The leaves were transparent and looked like slime my gravel vac pulled them off, there is new shoots coming up middle of them.
So for future reference leave alone unless they have new growth? The ones that were melting were the cryotocoryne Wendtii red And a bit of the parva I didn't touch.

People always say crypts melt when moved, obviously this happened to you, for whatever reason I don't find they melt at all, nonetheless that is normal for crypts. Is your ludwigia melting at all?

My L. repens have grown an inch the moneywart is straight up and down now instead of being bent, the parva gave perked up stretching to the light the Wendtii reds have new shoots in the middle, but I have a bit of algae starting so I cut back the ferts and did a bigger water change (instead of 4 pumps I did 2) until the plants consume the nutrients that are in tank already if 2 is to much I'll do 1.

People always say crypts melt when moved, obviously this happened to you, for whatever reason I don't find they melt at all, nonetheless that is normal for crypts. Is your ludwigia melting at all?
Nope they are doing great as far as i can tell I see no transparent leaves on them and they have grown an inch I'll take some pics

Ohno I got them from aquarium plants site where they are true aquatic

I don’t think Z doubts that they are truly aquatic, rather, the question is whether they were grown emersed (above the water line) at the plant site. That seems to be a common practice since light and CO2 will not be limiting factors. When I ordered Pogostemon erectus, it melted about 90% before decent aquatic stems appeared.

I don’t think Z doubts that they are truly aquatic, rather, the question is whether they were grown emersed (above the water line) at the plant site. That seems to be a common practice since light and CO2 will not be limiting factors. When I ordered Pogostemon erectus, it melted about 90% before decent aquatic stems appeared.
I'm New to this so I called them to ask, if you get a pot of crypts it's 3.49 but if you get the aquatic crypts they are 5.49, even I asked the difference the pot isn't submerged where as the other ones were, yeah they could just say they are as were not there to see, but so far so good on the L. Repens, not so good on the Wendtii.

Back
Top Bottom