New plants slightly brown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I decided to turn my established slightly overstocked 75 gallon into a planted tank. I purchased a plant pack from Aquatic Plants for Freshwater Aquariums: Aquarium Plant Pack - Mega and planted them 2 days ago. Some plants are showing new growth already and some are turning slightly brown is this normal with new plants? I have 2.5 watts per gallon running t5ho 6700K and 10k bulbs also dosing with Seachem iron, Flourish and Excel.

theres always some die off with the plants,could be from the packing and traveling or just getting into the new tank and parameters of your tank.As long as you have new growth i wouldnt worry!but ya never know some might die.

It is very normal as delfino said. Shipping, packaging etc can take a toll on them. Like fish, plants also need to acclimate to new water. There will be die off while they adjust then they will start growing in. Just be sure you use whatever ferts you choose to keep them going.

Thanks... Next question Im running 2 emperor 280's and a Fluval 405 on this tank with a airstone. I have read conflicting advice on the use of these due to co2 issues but when I turn the airstone off the fish are gasping at the top ( thankfully this is a slightly overstocked gourami tank) will the o2 levels adjust when the plants start to take off?

if you are not adding co2 into the tank there isnt a issue. with those two hobs you should have plenty of o2 in the water with out the air pump.

Back
Top Bottom