New shot of the 55 gallon - Updated 5.29.07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atl300zx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thanks to rich311k, Angry the Clown, Devilishturtles, Jchillin, newfound77951, onah, JDogg, JulieB, and sarah5775 for all the plants.

Went from this:

tankbefore1.JPG

tankbefore2.JPG

To this:

fishtank101.JPG

Unfortunately I cannot see the pics at this time so I'll have to check in later. The plantxchange program via the classifieds section of the site has definitely worked out well. The members here are phenomenal in that regard. :)

Shortly after I got back into fish, rich311k posted some wisteria clippings in the "trade" section. I expected me to send him postage and some $, and him to send me some plant clippings eventually.

Er, I got them the next day, a huge wad of gorgeous crispy plants, and he refused to let me pay him a dime. He said to enjoy them, and that one day I'd be sending out clippings myself. That seemed hard to believe.

A year or so later, I've sent clippings and snails and shrimp and so forth all over the place, often with the same "enjoy them...." message and no money needed. It's one of my favorite things about the hobby, spreading the aquarium love. The people here are so generous-with their time and their "stuff"- and so helpful. Big round of applause.

And your tank looks just beautiful, by the way!!

Re-aquascaped things. got a new piece of driftwood and got rid of the one i used to have in the center as it was rotting.

ft4.JPG

ft3.JPG

ft2.JPG

ft1.JPG

Can anyone help me with why my glosso doesnt appear to be doing well, why my Alternanthera Reineckii, Tropic Sunset, and Ludwigia Repens are very green, and why some of plants leaves look "beat up" with small holes in some of the leaves? I obviously have some sort of nutrient deficiency b/c my star grass doesnt grow well, i have the above listed problems, an di never get pearling or explosive growth.

I am running EI (40-60 recommended dosage), pressurized CO2 (40 ppm), and 260 W CFs (130 watts for 4hrs, 260 watts for 8 hrs)

There are three things that can bring out the reds in plants: high light, low Nitrates, and high fe. Depending on the plant it could be any one of these factors or a combination that is needed to bring out the reds.

Can you get a close up of the leaf damage your describing? The description could easily be either Nitrate/Phosphate or Potassium.

Lookin great, sorry to hear that stargrass isn't perking up for you. I had times when it grew 4 inches a day it seemed, then it started slowing down and I never figured out what the problem was.

Regardless, tank looks awesome!

i'll take some close up pics of all the damage tonight if i remember, i am heading to vegas tomorrow, so it might not be the first thing on my mind. The damange looks a little different depending on the plant.

Back
Top Bottom