new snail clutch..help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princessp714

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I noticed that one of my snails left me a small clutch, the 1st one ever for them and me!! just wondering if anyone has any new hatching ideas!
this is a very small clutch, so I will guess maybe about 30 or so will pop out(if I can take care of it right) It's in my 55g tank which i change the water 2 times a week and added some great airraition. I have gotten rid of about 30 snails out of there this past 2 weeks (which brings me to about 10 snails) and also added several bunches of anacharis to the tank which will help out alot. Also I have a great snail trade happening to get some different color variations, so that is def. going to be a great way to thin out the survivors!!
Oh I also believe that this is from my adult blues that I believed were mating several days ago! Only hatching Ideas are needed please, thanks!

For most snails you dont have to do anything to hatch them. If you want to keep them after they hatch, provide them with plenty of plants to hide in. You seem to have already done everything I can think of to protect them. The only other thing I can suggest is to do a small water change now rather than just after they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom