New Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
Take a look at this New Substrate. Shipping to my house is $15.00.

They say that a 5 gallon bucket will fill a 55 gallon tank with 3 inches of substrate.

I have a 55 gallon sitting in the wings that I want to do as a planted tank only this time do it right. This stuff sounds nice, take a look at the pictures and see what you all think.

$35.00 for the bucket and $15.00 for shipping is a heck of a lot cheaper than Eco.

It is almost certainly Turface, but it is "sifted" as compared to what you get from Turface. Lol, it's funny reading that thread because the only real info provided is shot down. bharada is a fellow SFBAAPS member, he and I both in fact purchased a bucket at the same time. His review of it on the private SFBAAPS forums is much more detailed (land the response is more polite).
My review of that substrate is here on AA in this thread:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=755854#755854

I have been using it for a month now, and am still very happy with it. The red bucket took care of the that 20g tank, two of my 10g tank, a 1/2g nano tank, and I still have some left.

I had thought about using it until I read the topic on it being dirt cheap Turface. Sorry but I can't see paying a huge mark up on something like that because it comes in a pretty bucket.

But hey, if you don't want to track down a bag of Turface then go for the AP stuff.

Long thread indeed.

Out of the six pages of speculation and acusations I found maybe three posts that were helpful. This is the first I have heard of Turface Pro League. I don't know if it is available in my area or not but if it works as a substrate and looks decent then I may consider it. Not for any miracle claims but for looks, usefulness and price. I have found lots of people here that use fert tabs in eco too so that is no shocker to me.

Bottom line for me is: Is it bad?
Because the price is not.

Is it bad? Certainly not.

Are there cheaper alternatives (well basically the same product)? Yes.

Should you get it? Only you can answer that. I would only say no if it bothers you a company buys dirt cheap stuff, repackages it, and jacks up the prices. If it doesn't, go for it. That's a lot of substrate.

Is it bad? Certainly not.

Personally I give this stuff a thumbs up.

That's what I'm looking for. Thank You.

As far as my feelings about somebody buying a product and repackaging it to sell for a profit.... Don't we all support that with every purchase we make?

Not really. They are making it seem like this is some "new and inventive" product which it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom