new tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
so excited, I am down sizing my 100gal tank for a 75 gallon one. the tank is a marineland tank 48.25W x 18.31D x 20.93 in H. it came with the LED light system that is 60mW white and blue led. Will I need to add any light for my low light plants? I am not sure how the watts per gallon goes with LEDs

petsmart in Lubbock. I just worry about the light not being enough or that it is way to much light and I will have algae problems..lol. I am transferring everything from my 100 gal tank to it. I just finish spray painting the back of it black. and I have transferred my few fish that I have left to a 5 gal. tank so I can begin to tear down my old tank.

I'm looking for a 75 gallon tank to but that comes with the top. Was it expansive?

You should be able to judge your lighting by your plants. If they seem to be growing as they should and you have no algae your good. If you start to algae bloom within the first week I would cut your lighting hours down or break them up. Are you going to use CO2?

It came with the glass canope and the led lights cost around 400 all total. I am planning on using excel or something like that for a carbon source. I really have slacked off since September when we moved on my tank, part of my light quite working around then, so I have not had to do anything with my plants they barely alive...lol.

I just put the dirt in and my plants and drift wood and filled it up I am waiting for the dirt to settle abit before I turn my filter back on and add my fish. hopefully in the morning I can add some pics.

ok so this morning my tank is really cloudy still. Is this normal, the only thing new is the tank it self, my fish seem to be doing fine, I do have a lot of bubbles coming out of my filter so I think I got an air bubble trapped in my filter. Is there anything else I need to do?

Did you use a cap?? It's fine if you didn't but I did every second and third day I had to do 40 and 50% water changes. But because of leaching not cloudy water

no, no cap. I will do a water change. I hope it clears up soon, I want to see inside my tank.

Mom2 I found my 2nd day pic lol.... does your tank look like? thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397405549.281336.jpg

pretty much the same, thanks it makes me feel better. but I guess if my fish are doing ok then it is fine..lol

Back
Top Bottom