New tank advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devonmiles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up a new tank last night. A Boyu TL 450 orca (58litre). I want to plant the tank and keep fresh water shrimp. I would like advice on what plants I should be planting as well as what substrates I should be using. All advice is greatly received.

I'm growing java fern (tie to driftwood/rock), amazon sword leaf(they would need root tabs, because they are heavy root feeders) Anubias nana (tied to driftwood/rock) they are very nice plants and amazing to grow, my amazon always has a new leaf every week, and java fern is fun to watch grow once it starts having new leafs

Thanks Tony, what kind of lighting is required? I don't plan on getting special lighting so I suppose I need plants that will be ok with low levels of lighting

Those plants grew with my stock lights, but I changed my light since I decided to add dwarf hair grass. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398103115.607001.jpg this is my tank

I have regular gravel, and I also have 10 red cherry shrimp to help keep clean

Cheers Tony, busy week ahead. I will let you know what I end up with

Yea! I had great luck with those plants so far, I heard java moss is good as well for an easy carpet or wall

I just tried anacharis for the first time... It literally grows an inch a day.... Would be great in a new tank to fill it out quickly

Back
Top Bottom