New tank build 90gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent choice my friend and way go scoring a deal!:brows:
They are very compatible with the fish you already have.(y)

In all honesty I never really wanted rams,BUT Mrs.bandit really likes them so I went and got some to please her and they did horrible in my display tank!
I moved them into my fish room as it was killing me watching $25 a pair fish die and the rest is history(still in the making for me!).
They have grown on me and the challenge to breed and raise them is NEVER ENDING!:dance:
Thumbs to you man !!! [emoji622]

I also picked up a pair of killifish's, but the female looked sick so I bought it back and kept the male. They gave me credit for that fish, and I will pick up a female when they restock at the lfs. Another project in the works but small scale. Just what I'm up to for the moment, but waiting now for the water in the 90 to cycle. It seems to be working and my nitrates and nitrites are slowly climbing.[emoji39] almost there man!!!

Clem.

Thumbs to you man !!! [emoji622]

I also picked up a pair of killifish's, but the female looked sick so I bought it back and kept the male. They gave me credit for that fish, and I will pick up a female when they restock at the lfs. Another project in the works but small scale. Just what I'm up to for the moment, but waiting now for the water in the 90 to cycle. It seems to be working and my nitrates and nitrites are slowly climbing.[emoji39] almost there man!!!

What type of killies?

What type of killies?
Hi Theresa,

I just checked the bill, and they are , golden wonder killifish. I just got the male thou I had to return the female it was either sick or deformed ?
By the way I like this breed too so I'm thinking of doing a smaller tank for them , but I could sure use pointers, help if any kind would be great .These fish have my attention and I always love bettas too. It's easy to get caught up in other breeds , but for now I gotta get the 90 cycled soon and and its the first time I've ever tried to fishless cycle. It's more scientific and you learn how what it takes to insure your investment.[emoji41]

Clem.

How did they react when u took back the sick looking fish? I bought a few rainbow fish on the weekend and had to do the same with 1 that cost $30 ( for a 1inch fish ) i noticed on the way home it was swimming vertical in the bag so when I did get home I took him out, put him in an old bag with some of his water ( at this point it was upside down ) and returned it, when the lfs owner took it out the bag and put it back in the tank it was dead, the ahole tried to blame me. he replaced the fish but I won't be goin back there which is probably a good thing cos after the spray I gave him for blaming me, I doubt I'll be welcome back there..

He put a clearly sick fish back in the tank. Wow. Bad business practice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How did they react when u took back the sick looking fish? I bought a few rainbow fish on the weekend and had to do the same with 1 that cost $30 ( for a 1inch fish ) i noticed on the way home it was swimming vertical in the bag so when I did get home I took him out, put him in an old bag with some of his water ( at this point it was upside down ) and returned it, when the lfs owner took it out the bag and put it back in the tank it was dead, the ahole tried to blame me. he replaced the fish but I won't be goin back there which is probably a good thing cos after the spray I gave him for blaming me, I doubt I'll be welcome back there..
The stores reaction was no problem in my return, they have me credit towards in store purchases. Just next time I'll pay more attention in my section.[emoji41]

The stores reaction was no problem in my return, they have me credit towards in store purchases. Just next time I'll pay more attention in my section.[emoji41]
Hi guys, here is some pics as I wait for the cycle to complete. The nitrites are full off the scale and the nitrates are coming up too, pretty soon I'm hoping for a couple more days I can add some fish in, it seems like forever. With all the water testing and a couple of small water changes, it been around 4 days since I started this. I'm amazed so far how it works, even though your not sure if its going to work? After the nitrates and nitrites peak out on the test chart that came in my water tester kit, I will do a 60% water change , and retest my ammonia levels but not to starve the bacteria, so I will bump it up to about 2ppms and wait for the magic, 24 hours.
The next day if my ammonia is 0 , nitrate 0 , and nitrites 20-40ppms, the cycle is complete. The i will do a water change 80%-90%, lower my temp in the heater its at 86%- 80%, fill up with new water and wait another 24hrs and test for water quality before I add the fish.[emoji1]

I added some Vals, one variety is corkscrew and I'm not to sure on the the other Val type, maybe it's called Torra not sure???
Here is some current pics , kinda of a time frame on this build. Hope you like so far.[emoji622] uploadfromtaptalk1441673022436.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441673101016.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441673125543.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441673170405.jpg

Im following but all the pics have a green GIF but i cant see them anyone know why?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea its wierd pics work in some threads but not all

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Watching the JAYS and Yankees .

GO JAYS !!!![emoji461] [emoji461] [emoji461] DOUBLE HEADER

Nice looking tank!

Thanks , Brennae! [emoji1]

I'm a bit envious with you, and your fish room. I can't wait to move one day soon ...[emoji622] and have my own.
Great job !!!

I'm going to post pics soon, my guys are finally home , in their new tank ! [emoji39]

Clem.

Well done!
After seeing how well you did with tank before this one , I look forward to watching everything grow out in this tank!

I really like it! Those discus are amazing!

Hi Brennae,

I just got lucky when I picked these two guys up, $30 each, and grew them from a much smaller size. After I read up on them and learned more about them , my interest grew. I always admired Discus and many other south American fish, but the menu is endless and it all about individual taste for the fish keepers.
I raised these Discus up with Angels and they are a real cool bunch. I'm amazed how I managed to keep them alive in such a small tank for 6 months now. Finally they have a great new home to live in and lots of room to swim, even they can't believe where they are !uploadfromtaptalk1442423156082.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442423215745.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442423280935.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442423366839.jpg

Hope you enjoy these!!![emoji39]

Thanks
Clem.

Back
Top Bottom