New tank build 90gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is this particular variety called? I really like S.American fish also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is this particular variety called? I really like S.American fish also.

I'm not sure the exact name, but one of the fish keepers there said it was a family of the " wild green " type if cichlid when I was at a lfs today. But his colors are different than most I've seen, possible a freak strain , but I he turned out great.
Planning to add more , but holding off a bit until the new fish settle in . I have more stock , my tetras would be nice , or my blue ram ,could happen tonight , move the ram he's fighting with his tank mate. The guy at the store probably sold me two males, go figure? [emoji33]
The fun of fish keepers, you just do know what you get till its in the tank ! [emoji1]

Clem.

This is true! Will you try to breed any of your fish in this tank? I don't know the requirements for breeding discus.

my blue ram ,could happen tonight , move the ram he's fighting with his tank mate. The guy at the store probably sold me two males, go figure? [emoji33]
The fun of fish keepers, you just do know what you get till its in the tank ! [emoji1]

Clem.

Pics of the rams???
They could be just 'enjoying' the open space of the other fish being moved.
The tank and fish pics look great!(y)

Pics of the rams???
I have to move them into the big tank, and see what happens then. I'll get some pics when their moved in, they'll show better for pics in the bigger tank. Until then , gotta take my son to soccer.

Thanks man,.

Clem .

This is true! Will you try to breed any of your fish in this tank? I don't know the requirements for breeding discus.

I'm not at the breeding stage yet , but you never know when they decide to pair up. These two are my first Discus , and plan to buy more. I could just buy a pair if I wanted to breed, but I'll just add a few more to the mix and let nature dictate the order.[emoji1]

Clem.

I'm not at the breeding stage yet , but you never know when they decide to pair up. These two are my first Discus , and plan to buy more. I could just buy a pair if I wanted to breed, but I'll just add a few more to the mix and let nature dictate the order.[emoji1]

Clem.

I like that plan. Will you add other colors of discus or more of the same? What happens when different colors pair up and breed?

I like that plan. Will you add other colors of discus or more of the same? What happens when different colors pair up and breed?

Mix up the colors, not sure what could happen. Try other varieties, hopefully they stay with their own type, but let's see. I'm waiting for one of my lfs to start restocking , we spoke today, and I know you like killifish's, this guy is an expert in theses fish, he recommend the African killifish's, more beauty I'm their color's. [emoji622]

Pics of the rams???
The Rams are in !!! The Rams are in !!!
I just put these guys in , and most of my stock are in the big tank now.[emoji1]
Here is my Blue Rams , "Rambandit".

uploadfromtaptalk1442539412151.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442539551292.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442539661984.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442539962317.jpg

Fish in front of bag (pic 1 ) looks male(IMO Rambandit sense on)
Ram in pic 3 looks female(again IMO with full rambandit sense on).
Coloring in well for recent transfer.
Ram in pic 4 is the male???
90% male/ female for you!!(y)
Thinking you got it going on ,but not just because of the rams(they help IMO)!

Fish in front of bag (pic 1 ) looks male(IMO Rambandit sense on)
Ram in pic 3 looks female(again IMO with full rambandit sense on).
Coloring in well for recent transfer.
Ram in pic 4 is the male???
90% male/ female for you!!(y)
Thinking you got it going on ,but not just because of the rams(they help IMO)!
Well maybe the guy at the lfs got it rite !!! [emoji622] I agree with the transfer , the colors will come back soon. The tank looks great and the fish are loving the room !!!

Thanks for your expertise [emoji1]

Clem.

Could be a funny angle but watch the tail fin of ram in 3rd pic..looks a little funky??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Could be a funny angle but watch the tail fin of ram in 3rd pic..looks a little funky??

I'll post better pics of them next time. I just released them into the tank and the colors are coming back, but as for the tails... Funky is a dance move or what???[emoji39]

I'll post better pics of them next time. I just released them into the tank and the colors are coming back, but as for the tails... Funky is a dance move or what???[emoji39]

Funky as in fin rot or some white fuzz..

Funky as in fin rot or some white fuzz..

Yea man , I knew what you meant. I'll check on them latter, me bad, humor that is! [emoji33]
Thanks for taking a look [emoji1] .

Clem.

Yay killifish. I usually just keep Aphyosemion killis. They live a little longer than the annuals.

Yay killifish. I usually just keep Aphyosemion killis. They live a little longer than the annuals.

Sad news, my killifish is dead ! Yea, he jumped out suicide style , perfectly dried and preserved, can you believe it , the sucker jumped.
I'm going to miss that guy[emoji622]. But when I'm ready to do it again, I'll order eggs of African killifish type, and just do a low water, shoal type of Aquarium for just them, and if they breed, I'll sell them locally, because they're hard to come by. That was my initial plan for killifish's , keep em separate and same species , a future venture for sure. uploadfromtaptalk1442617850841.jpg

When he was alive...[emoji22]

He was handsome. Pretty much all killifish jump. I've had some just disapppear. Never found a body or anything. I think maybe the fish jumped out and the cats ate it or maybe the cats went fishing. I'm going to the Chicago Killifish Association meeting tomorrow. I need to brush up on where different types of killis come from.

He was handsome. Pretty much all killifish jump. I've had some just disapppear. Never found a body or anything. I think maybe the fish jumped out and the cats ate it or maybe the cats went fishing. I'm going to the Chicago Killifish Association meeting tomorrow. I need to brush up on where different types of killis come from.

Yes , lets keep up with this thread, and can you look into eggs and how to get them. I like the African type, their lifespan is short in the wild, they just live and die, spawn , and cycle in with the wet and dry season. I'm told they like colder water ? But live 2-4 years in captivity. I'm going to give this one a try someday, but my space is limited for now, so I'm going a bit slow until I move 2yrs or sooner.[emoji1]

Clem.

You know I will ask about this tomorrow at the meeting. Most of the people there know way more than I do. I have forgotten where you are located? Canada? There are some sellers in aquabid that will ship eggs all over the world. I've never purchased anything from them or purchased killis online so I am not sure about this method. The eggs seem fairly cheap and because they are just eggs the shipping to the USA is always cheap too it appears.

Back
Top Bottom