New tank dieing plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just set up a 75 gallon tank and moved all the inhabitants of my 55 gallon tank (including my plants) into it. Now almost all my plants appear to be dead or dieing. My hornwort is wilting away (something I'm not too worried about as I've got a ton of it growing in another tank and my sword appears to be melting. I bought some anachris at the LFS when I set up the new tank and it's fine. For some reason whatever is causing this is affecting just the plants from the old tank. I've had the new tank set up since Thursday. None of the fish appear affected at all.

how much lighting is there? are you dosing ferts? what are your no3 and po4 readings? are you injecting co2? did you drip acclimate your plants? ( just kidding :p )

tbonem91 said:
how much lighting is there? are you dosing ferts? what are your no3 and po4 readings? are you injecting co2? did you drip acclimate your plants? ( just kidding :p )

I've got a 110 compact flourescent and a standard 22v on the side where most of the plants are. I'm not dosing ferts and never did. Since the tanks been set up only 3 days I'm guessing the no3 readings are non-existent, but I've never been able to get my NO3 test kit to work. I don't have a kit for phosphates. I'm not injecting co2 and I floated my plants in bags, then slowly added water before releasing them to swim into the tank on their own.

Back
Top Bottom