new to lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 2 bulb fixture t5 normal with a 7,600k 18 watt and a color max 18 watt I was wondering what range does this lighting fall under and if up grading both bulbs to full spectrum light bulbs would be an improvement or not. i want to grow at least medium light plants but dont have the pocket book for a co2 setup

my tank is a 29 gallon that is 30 1/4"L x 12 1/2"W x 18 3/4"H

Are you having any algae issues with your current lighting?
If you want to try more demanding plants then give it a try. Chances are it will work out fine with proper ferts and maybe some Excel (or something similar).

Both of those bulbs are full spectrum. The ColorMax is not as intense as a regular daylight bulb but it is full spectrum none the less.

remy the cook said:
I have a 2 bulb fixture t5 normal with a 7,600k 18 watt and a color max 18 watt I was wondering what range does this lighting fall under and if up grading both bulbs to full spectrum light bulbs would be an improvement or not. i want to grow at least medium light plants but dont have the pocket book for a co2 setup

my tank is a 29 gallon that is 30 1/4"L x 12 1/2"W x 18 3/4"H

This is really easy and super inexpensive DIY co2 build. This guy is great for DIY stuff.
Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/zHy4CtmnzeA

Your lighting "range" won't change. Ur still at same wattage and intensity. If u want to change degrees, u need Ho lighting or halides.

You should be able to keep many medium light plants with the lights you have just fine as long as you have all of the other nutrients the plants need. If you really went to HO T5s algae could easily become harder to deal with. You should be fine with the lights you already have. I'd try Excell and liquid ferts for now. Root tabs may be a good idea too.

Back
Top Bottom