New to panted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't do the 48" light fixture. Even on my 48" tank the sides of my tank are poorly illuminated. I do however agree on using 30" fixtures but at that point LED might be a better option because replacing 8 bulbs yearly is going to be expensive.

Yea but at 24" deep am I still going to get the PAR values I need with LED?

Yea but at 24" deep am I still going to get the PAR values I need with LED?

For what it's worth, it's 26" deep not 24".

Yep, you certainly can. You can get as much penetration :brows: as necessary by using lenses to focus the light. A lot of standard low end LEDs use no lenses which gives 120 degrees of light but they can go all the way down to 40 degrees which is an incredibly bright focused beam. I would send an email to some of the light builders and see what they think. I would suggest starting with Build my LED and go from there.

Yep, you certainly can. You can get as much penetration :brows: as necessary by using lenses to focus the light. A lot of standard low end LEDs use no lenses which gives 120 degrees of light but they can go all the way down to 40 degrees which is an incredibly bright focused beam. I would send an email to some of the light builders and see what they think. I would suggest starting with Build my LED and go from there.

Ugh. So expensive aren't they? I wasn't trying to break the bank right away lol.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure to have a pretty densely populated planted tank I would need high light. Also wanted things on a timer to turn on and off

Back
Top Bottom