New to plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Killian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm considering adding plants to my 36 gal bow front tank - probably in a few months or so. I have a hood with a light (I want to say it has a T8 bulb? I'm not able to check right now. It's what ever the aqueon kit came with). Is this enough light for plants? There is no natural light available in the room my tank is in. What types of plants could I have? I am planning on having a peaceful community tank with tetras, otos, rasbora, danios and shrimp. What plants would be best for them that would be successful in my tank?

Thanks!

It is probably low light plants. Java moss, java fern. Anacharis. Jungle Val. Dwarf sag. Anubias These are just a few of my favorite plants, and I have had success with low lights such as t8's.

TankMan said:
It is probably low light plants. Java moss, java fern. Anacharis. Jungle Val. Dwarf sag. Anubias These are just a few of my favorite plants, and I have had success with low lights such as t8's.

+1 you can add crypts to that list too.

Back
Top Bottom