New to plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAH

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have obtain 2 green ozelot and I have a base idea on how to keep them but I would like expert opinions on how to care for them. Like how to liquid fertilizer and with what? How often? And maintence?

Any advice is welcomed! Thanks

Swords need root tabs at their base. They are heavy substrate feeders. Seachem makes a good root tab. No maintainence except to keep bad/decaying leaves cut off close to the base of the plant. If you don't have any other plants you could might be able to get by with root tabs alone. If you have a couple other plants then getting something like Seachem Flouish Comprehensive is a good liquid fert to use weekly after WC's.

I personally used laterite mixed in with my gravel; I found I got better results than root tabs. It depends on your substrate and if your willing to like the aesthetics of it too; as it does have a "red-clay" look to it.

Well my tank is sand and not gravel. Are swords really this easy to care for?

Well my tank is sand and not gravel. Are swords really this easy to care for?

Yep!

Plants are not as scary as most fish keepers think!

I wish I could add more, but Rivercats covered everything you need to know about it haha.

Back
Top Bottom