New to plants. Do I need CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, well I think her idea of an aquarium was some big empty looking tank with dirty water and huge fish and no decor. Now after I have shown her some pictures of planted tanks, and how nice it looks on the stand I built, she likes it in the living room now. So I am happy about that, because it would be a waste not to see it all the time after all the money that is being spent on it! Now I just gotta make sure it looks nice though now! I got the tank in the garage now filled with water to make sure it doesn't leak, and my black flourite arrived today, so maybe tomorrow or the next day I will get it in the house and fill it up and start cycling it. I found a pretty nice piece of driftwood in the river by my house, and I am not sure if I want to use it or not. Its long, and pretty cool looking, looks like a big log and goes from one end of the tank to the other, but I think something taller and branchier might look better in there. This looks like a lizard should be climbing on it! But its not bad for free.

I am jealous of your new substrate. Sounds like you have got it all planned out and working for you. Try to find a few root balls of driftwood in the lake and take the chainsaw to them. I mount all of my driftwood to slate to keep it down. Good luck!

Oh yeah, if you have a hard time finding some driftwood, I am always looking around. If I find some, I will send you some pictures and see if you are interested. If so, i can ship them to ya!

Back
Top Bottom