New to plants lighting changes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought a dual T5 HO fixture for my 55 gallon each bulb being 54w. I thought I was getting medium lighting turns out it's high. CO2 isn't an option at this point but I added some seachem flourish root tabs and liquid fertilizer. My plants are looking better but not where I would like them to be. I also have a green spot algae outbreak. So I decided to turn off one of the light bulbs and just run one. What do you guys think?

rain87 said:
So I bought a dual T5 HO fixture for my 55 gallon each bulb being 54w. I thought I was getting medium lighting turns out it's high. CO2 isn't an option at this point but I added some seachem flourish root tabs and liquid fertilizer. My plants are looking better but not where I would like them to be. I also have a green spot algae outbreak. So I decided to turn off one of the light bulbs and just run one. What do you guys think?

Good plan cutting out 1 bulb IMO. You can also use seachem's Excel, which I basically liquid co2.

Where can I find that I haven't seen it at my lfs. Or PETCO or petsmart. Where is a good place to find it online?

Back
Top Bottom